For all you nonfiction fans, now is the time to apply to be a Cybils judge! The nonfiction panels are great places to be, especially the nonfiction picture book panel (hint hint). The process to apply is simple, but make sure you read ALL the instructions!
And now, on to the round-up of amazing nonfiction posts throughout the Kidlitosphere!
400's: Words and Language (and nursery rhymes)
- Bird, Butterfly Eel by James Prosek at Jean Little Library (right here!)
- Rocks and Minerals by Steve Tomecek, aka The Dirtmeister at Simply Science
- A butterfly's life by Ellen Lawrence at the Nonfiction Detectives
- World without fish by Mark Kurlansky at Miss Rumphius (welcome back!!)
- Eat your math homework by Ann McCallum at All About the Books with Janet Squires
- Invincible Microbe: Tuberculosis and the never-ending search for a cure by Jim Murphy at Ms. Yingling Reads (reminded me that I can't remember the last time I updated my vaccinations...)
700s: Art, Sports, Dancing, Music and so on
- UnBEElievables by Douglas Florian at NC Teacher Stuff
- Several poetry anthologies, including Requiem by Paul Janeczko (part of the What are you reading? meme) at Gathering Books.
900's: History, Biography etc.
- Words set me free: The story of young Frederick Douglass by Lesa Cline-Ransom at True Tales and a Cherry on Top
- Northern Kids by Linda Goyette at Perogies & Gyoza
- Baby Flo by Alan Schroeder at Wrapped in Foil
- Bookends Blog is reviewing Temple Grandin by Sy Montgomery, with Common Core Standard connections appended.
- Russell Freedman's newest biography, Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass: The Story Behind an American Friendship is being reviewed over at Challenging the Bookworm.